EXHIBITOR GENERAL INFORMATION & POLICIES
BILLING, PAYMENTS, AND CANCELLATIONS
- All prices are subject to change at anytime, this includes menu prices, service charge, and sales tax.
- All food and beverage orders require full payment in advance.
- Full payment of your total estimated charges and signed contract are due in our office two (2) weeks prior to your first scheduled food function.
- Should you decide to cancel any or all of your functions less than one week prior to your event you will be subject to a cancellation fee.
- Full charges will be applied to cancellation of any menu items received within (72) hours, (3 business days), prior to delivery date.
- Event pre-payments and balances with charges less than $10,000 may be paid by credit card and/or company check.
- Events with charges greater than $10,000 must be pre-paid by company check or wire transfer.
- Please make checks payable to SMG Food and Beverage LLC.
EMPLOYEES, SERVICE AND LABOR CHARGES, SALES TAX
- Catering personnel are covered by Union Local 2’s collective bargaining agreement
o Catering employees will deliver food and beverage, service, andclean related areas.
o Catering personnel are not permitted to perform any generalcleaning duties (non-food service related) or act as badge checkers, tickettakers, or security personnel.
- All food and beverage charges are subject to a 22% service charge and 8.75% state sales tax for 2012.
o The 22% service charge is also taxable under SBOE Regulation#1603
o Sales tax-exempt organizations are required to provide a copy oftheir California Franchise Tax Board Certificate of Exemption two weeks priorto the event.
- All food and beverage items must be supplied and prepared by Savor…San Francisco, THIS INCLUDES BOTTLED WATER.
- No food, beverage, or alcohol will be permitted to be brought into or removed from a San Francisco Convention Facility by the client or any of the client’s guests or invitees without written approval by Savor…San Francisco.
- Requests must be received by Savor…San Francisco no less than four (4) weeks prior to the first day of the event.
- Savor...San Francisco reserves the right to assess a charge for such exclusions to exclusivity.
- All alcoholic beverage sales and consumption are regulated by the California Alcoholic Beverage Control.
- Savor…San Francisco is responsible for the administration of these regulations.
- Savor…San Francisco requires that all alcoholic beverages be dispensed by only Savor…San Francisco employees or agents.
- A Server is required with all Keg orders.
MISCELLANEOUS SAMPLING & DONATED PRODUCTS, TRAFFIC PROMOTERS
- Savor…San Francisco retains the exclusive right to provide, control and retain all food and beverage services throughout the facility for the events.
- A company/organization may not bring any food, beverages, or alcoholic beverages for use in the Moscone Center.
FOOD & NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE SAMPLING
All food and beverages samples or traffic promotersbrought into the Moscone Center must have approval from Savor…San Francisco inwriting prior to the event and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Acompany/organization may only distribute samples of food and beverage productsthat the company/organization produces or sells in its normal day-to-dayoperations. Samples may only be distributed in such quantities that arereasonable with regard to the purpose of promoting the merchandise.
o Food samples are limited to “bite size” portions (1 oz. or less).
o Samples of non-alcoholic beverages are limited to a maximum of 2 oz. containers.
- A written description (detailing the product and portion size to be sampled) must be submitted in advance to Savor…San Francisco. Approval of sampling arrangements to the sampling company/organization will be provided in writing only. Please contact your Catering Sales Representative for appropriate sampling form.
- Exhibitors must be responsible for securing a City of San Francisco Health Permit, (415) 554-2500, in order to distribute food and/or beverages
ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED POLICIES WILL BE STRICTLY ADMINISTERED. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE WILL RESULT IN THE REMOVAL OF PRODUCT FROM THE SHOW FLOOR.